Portland Sex Offender Attorney
Experience Matters. Mark C. Cogan Has Over 35 years.
- Have you been convicted of a sex crime?
- Have you already served your jail sentence or has your probation term ended?
- Have you successfully completed mandatory or voluntary sex offender treatment programs?
- Are you still required to register as a sex offender in Oregon?
Being required to register as a sex offender:
- Impacts your ability to obtain employment
- Restricts your ability to live where you want to
- Affects your family
- Carries with it a serious social stigma
If you have served your time, you may be entitled to relief.
Mark C. Cogan has helped numerous clients successfully file a motion for relief from sex offender registration requirements, even when the district attorney strongly opposed the motion.
Removing this burden is a complicated process, which is why experience matters when selecting a lawyer to help. Mark C. Cogan has alone more than 35 years of criminal defense experience in Portland.
Let Us Make A Clear And Convincing Argument For You
Under Oregon law, you can file a motion for relief from reporting requirements even if the conviction requiring registration occurred in another state. The court will grant a petition for relief if you can prove with clear and convincing evidence that you are rehabilitated and do not pose a threat to public safety.
When making this determination, the court will consider many factors, including:
- Date of the conviction
- Degree and nature of the sexual offense
- Completion of a sex offender treatment program
- Criminal record prior to and after the offense
- Whether the offense was adjudicated in juvenile court
- Age and number of victims involved
- Relevant noncriminal behavior prior to and after the offense
- Other relevant mitigating factors
Don’t Take Any Chances With Your Relief | Contact Us Today
With Mark C. Cogan, P.C., you know that your future is in good hands. Our record of success is proof that our Portland sex crime attorney have the experience and the ability to help you make a compelling argument in your case.
Maximize your chance of success by calling our Portland criminal law firm immediately at 503-549-1077 or toll free at 888-211-2441. If you would like to send us your information, you can fill out our online form.Set up your free initial consultation