Portland Criminal Defense Attorney
You may be seeking an criminal defense attorney for your own defense, or you may be calling on behalf of a family member or friend who is spending the night in jail. In either case, we understand. We have seen people in very dire circumstances. We defend our clients, we don’t judge them.
More Than 30 Years of Experience in Criminal Law
Portland criminal defense attorney Mark C. Cogan has more than 30 years of experience protecting clients against criminal charges. We welcome you to contact our law firm with the knowledge that we have helped a great many clients and have success stories and satisfied clients to serve as testimony to the high-quality legal services we provide.
Full-Service Attention and Vigorous Defense
The types of criminal law matters for which we will provide an aggressive defense include:
- DUI (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants) — including a DUI diversion option for some clients
- Drug Charges — felonies and misdemeanors involving possession, delivery or manufacture of controlled substances
- Ballot Measure 11 Charges — including assault and sex charges
- Sex Offenses
- Violent Crimes — including assault, kidnapping or assault
- White Collar Crimes — including theft, embezzlement and fraud
- Theft and Property Crimes — ranging from shoplifting and vandalism to armed robbery
- Internet Crimes (Computer Crimes) — including fraud, identity theft, hacking and child pornography
- Federal Charges — examples include drug charges or Internet crimes
- Juvenile Crimes — juvenile delinquency offenses including status crimes such as minor in possession of alcohol and low level drug offenses, all the way to felonies such as juvenile sex crimes for which a juvenile could be charged as an adult
- College Student Criminal Defense — including charges for underage drinking, DUIs and sex crimes such as rape
- Foreign Nationals and Non-Citizens Facing Criminal Charges— including mitigating criminal charges to avoid immigration consequences and consultation with immigration counsel
- Post-Conviction Representation — representing you at probation violation hearings and helping you clear your criminal record through expungement
The Prosecution Has Begun Its Work — We Should Begin Ours
No matter the circumstances, anyone under investigation or facing criminal prosecution should retain the best possible attorney as early in the process as possible. If you have been charged with any misdemeanor or felony crime, please call our Portland, Oregon, law office at 503-549-1077 for a free initial consultation. You can also send us an e-mail.
Let’s get your criminal defense started. We have work to do.
Any college student facing the prospect of criminal prosecution should retain the best possible attorney as early in the process as possible. If you have been charged with a college student crime, please call our Portland law office at 503-549-1077 or send us an e-mail for a free initial consultation.Set up your free initial consultation