Experienced Attorney For Juvenile Sex Charges In Portland
Aggressively Defend Your Child’s Future With Our Help
Today, fewer sexual incidents between children are being left to the discretion of parents when it comes to punishment and education. Instead, law enforcement officials in Portland and across Oregon are choosing to severely prosecute juvenile sex charges in the criminal justice system.
With our law firm, you can rest assured that your child’s future is in good hands. AV Peer Review Rated* attorney Mark C. Cogan has over 35 years of experience and an extensive record of success in these cases.
At Mark C. Cogan, P.C., we know what is at stake for your child. We can help you fiercely and strategically defend your child’s future. Contact us immediately if your child has been accused in relation to a sex crime. Call 503-549-1077 for a free initial consultation.
Ramifications Of Sex Charges Can Be Devastating
Young adulthood is a time when children begin establishing their place in the world. They are on the threshold of starting their careers or taking advantage of higher-education opportunities. It is not necessarily an easy road ahead, but they have their entire lives before them.
A sex crime can halt any of these endeavors and significantly impact a child’s chance at a successful future. If your child is charged with a juvenile sex crime, a conviction can:
- Lead to significant jail time: Your child could be forced to miss out on a significant portion of his or her life when many people begin a family, establish professional experience or build a solid foundation for retirement.
- Include a requirement to register as a sex offender: Not only does a sex offender designation carry a social stigma, but it can also affect where your child is allowed to live, work or go to school. In some cases, the requirement may last a lifetime.
- Result in a permanent criminal record: Employers most often require applicants to disclose a felony conviction. It can significantly limit your child’s job opportunities and exclude him or her from even being considered for certain positions.
- Impede acceptance to higher education: Many colleges and universities will not admit students who have a felony record due to a sex crime.
- Affect your child’s future family: When criminal information is publicly available, family members often suffer collateral consequences in today’s society.
Aggressively Fight These Charges With A Fearless Defense Attorney
You absolutely cannot leave your child’s future to chance. At our law firm, we guarantee that your lawyer will leverage our extensive resources to pursue a thorough and compelling defense strategy. We will do everything in our power under the law to increase the chance that your child will be acquitted, have the charges dismissed or negotiate a successful plea bargain.
If your child has been accused of a sex crime, contact us at 503-549-1077 or toll free at 888-211-2441. You can also submit your information online. Let us begin working on your child’s defense immediately.
*CV, BV, and AV are registered certification marks of Reed Elsevier Properties Inc., used in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards, and policies. Martindale-Hubbell is the facilitator of a peer review rating process. Ratings reflect the confidential opinions of members of the Bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell ratings fall into two categories: legal ability and general ethical standards.Set up your free initial consultation