Probation Violations & Warrants Lawyers in Portland Serving Throughout Oregon
Regain or Retain Your Freedom, Help With Probation Violations and Arrest Warrants
If you just learned that you have an outstanding arrest warrant — we can help. If your family member or friend is in jail on a probation violation — we can help. If you know that you violated the terms of your probation but have not yet received any communication from the authorities — we want to help.
The key to success in the field of criminal defense actions is to act early.
Mark C. Cogan is a criminal defense lawyer with more than 40 years of experience. With that experience comes the knowledge of which tactics to use in a given situation. Our law firm has a significant amount of experience and success in helping clients resolve probation violations.
Probation Violation Concerns and Consequences
If you are on probation in Oregon and have been accused of committing a new crime or violating the terms of your probation, you may be on very thin ice. Each step you take can make the difference between potential incarceration and loss of privileges, or life continuing on as normal. Our law firm has experience with the following:
- Proactive negotiations to help prevent prison time or loss of privileges such as a driver’s license
- Behind the scenes counseling referrals for clients and/or family members as needed
- Acting as an intermediary with probation officers
- Skillful interaction with prosecutors about new criminal charges
- Protecting the client’s opportunity to accomplish expungement (wiping a criminal record clean) at a later date
- Frequent client communication and status reports regarding the case and any developments
Your Future Hangs in the Balance — Let’s Get to Work
No matter the circumstances, anyone under investigation or facing criminal prosecution should retain the best possible Portland warrant defense attorney as early in the process as possible. If your friend or family member is in jail for a probation violation, or you have an outstanding warrant for your arrest due to a new criminal charge or probation violation, please call our Portland law office at (503) 549-1077 or send us an e-mail for a free initial consultation with our lawyer.