DUI-Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys in Portland Serving Throughout Oregon
Experienced DUI Defense Lawyers in Portland, Oregon
If you just spent a night in jail after a drunk driving arrest, and it is your first charge, you are no doubt in a mild state of panic. As your Portland DUI law firm, we will walk you through every step of the process involved with a DUI (Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants) charge.
If you were just released from jail, and this is not your first DUI charge, then you are well aware of the importance of having an experienced Portland DUI lawyer on your side. Our Portland DUI attorney will work to keep you out of jail, protect your driving privileges and minimize the financial damages as much as possible.
At our Portland, Oregon law firm, our drunk driving attorney has more than 35 years of criminal defense experience. Our Portland DUI lawyers are well-equipped to represent you in criminal court as well as at DMV license suspension hearings.
Why Hire Portland DUI Lawyer Mark C. Cogan? For an Energetic and Swift Response.
In our years of experience dealing with individuals facing first time or repeat offender DUI charges, we have learned that timing is critical. We believe in a swift response and act accordingly.
- Phone calls answered promptly — You will not have to play “phone tag” with us or speak with a disinterested operator. We answer our own phones and respond promptly.
- We’re on the case quickly — An investigator may be sent out the door quickly once we have been retained to gather evidence and contact witnesses who may have seen you at a critical moment before, during or after your arrest.
- Stop the DMV’s 10-day clock — In order to challenge the suspension of your driving privileges, we must file notice with the State no later than 5 p.m. on the tenth day after your arrest. If no challenge is filed, you will forfeit the opportunity to challenge the suspension of your driving privileges under Oregon’s Implied Consent Law.
- DUI Diversion petition deadline — You must decide within 30 days of your first court appearance whether or not diversion is a good option for you. We will help you make the right decision as to whether to enter Diversion or fight your case.
- Suspension hearing — We will vigorously challenge the suspension of your driving privileges, and will use your suspension hearing as an opportunity to build the foundation for a successful defense in court.
The Prosecution Has Begun Its Work — We Should Begin Ours
No matter the circumstances, anyone under investigation or facing criminal prosecution should retain the best possible Portland DUI attorney as early in the process as possible. If you have been charged with DUI or any other misdemeanor or felony, please call our Portland DUI attorneys at 503-549-1077 or send us an e-mail for a free initial consultation. We are conveniently located near Lake Oswego and Beaverton.Set up your free initial consultation