DUII-Drunk Driving Defense Attorneys in Portland Serving Throughout Oregon
Experienced DUII Defense Lawyers in Portland, Oregon
At the Mark C. Cogan, P.C., our Portland, Oregon DUI attorney believes everyone who faces legal trouble should be treated with dignity and respect. We also understand that an arrest, night in jail, and the criminal charges the Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office wage against you will make you feel anxious while fearing the unknown. We can help.
Our Portland Drunk Driving and DUI lawyers represent individuals throughout the State of Oregon who are facing these charges, so they can confidently counter the prosecutor’s charges before their first Criminal Court appearance arises. The more we know about your Drunk Driving charges, the better we can defend you, and our Portland Drunk Driving and DUI attorneys are available to get started right away when you schedule a free consultation with our accomplished law firm.
What Does Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants Mean In Oregon?
In the State of Oregon, it is illegal to drive with a blood alcohol concentration of .08% or higher. While DUI is often the acronym for driving under the influence in most states, it is referred to as Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants in our state and includes those who are driving while impaired by alcohol, drugs, or both.
Will I Need A Portland, Oregon DUI Attorney If This Is My First Drunk Driving Arrest?
The fear and anxiety of being arrested for drunk driving can be overwhelming. Our Portland DUI criminal defense attorneys can help alleviate your stress by reviewing not only the charges that are waged against you but the actual evidence the prosecutor has to solidify their case.
Being charged with a crime does not mean you are guilty of a crime, and our drunk driving lawyers will review every detail related to your case, including the:
- Law enforcement agency and their probable cause for pulling you over
- Breathalyzer or sobriety test that determined you were over the legal limit to drive
- Circumstances and procedures surrounding your actual arrest, including whether any of your rights were violated as a result
- Evidence associated with the prosecutor’s case
Hiring a Portland Drunk Driving and DUI attorney is your first line of defense against the prosecutor’s office, and the first step in gaining the confidence you need to face our upcoming court date without anxiety.
What Are the Legal Penalties Associated With a Portland, Oregon DUI?
Depending on your criminal history, and whether you have been convicted of a DUI charge in Portland or throughout the State of Oregon before, the legal penalties you face may differ.
Depending on your unique DUI circumstances, the penalties can include:
- Suspended license
- Ignition interlocking device (IID)
- Fines and expenses associated with the arrest, IID installation, and court costs
- Alcohol or substance abuse treatment program
- Victim impact treatment session
- Community service
- Jail time
At the Mark C. Cogan, P.C., our Portland DUI attorneys know that you are not the first or the last person who will be charged with this offense in Portland, Oregon. And with over 35 years of experience representing DUI victims, we have the knowledge and the strategy necessary to provide the best outcome available for your unique case.
How Can The Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Help With My Portland, Oregon DUI Drunk Driving Case?
While the circumstances of your DUI arrest in Portland, Oregon may be similar to someone else’s experience, the truth is, each case is unique. The evidence, the BAC results, and the way your arrest was handled can mean a completely different outcome than that of friend or family member’s experience.
With our accomplished Portland DUI attorneys by your side, we can begin challenging the punishments associated with your case immediately after your arrest, including:
- Ten-Day Mandatory License Suspension: Your license will be suspended by the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles at 5pm, on the tenth day after your arrest. We will challenge that suspension by filing a notice on your behalf. The Oregon Implied Consent Law allows the DMV to forfeit your challenge if it is not received before the ten-day deadline. We will stop the clock for you.
- DUI Diversion Petition Deadline: Within 30 days of your first court appearance, we will supply the informative details you need to consider a DUI Diversion Program. As your experienced Portland Drunk Driving and DUI attorney, we will evaluate your complete case before establishing whether the Diversion Program is right for you. If it is not, we will fight for a victory on your behalf inside the courtroom.
- Suspension Hearing: Your driving privileges are important to your livelihood, and our Portland Drunk Driving and DUI lawyer understand just how integral they are to your overall success. We will challenge your license suspension immediately, and use the suspension hearing to lay the foundation for our strengthened case to come.
At the Mark C. Cogan, P.C., we care about our clients and respect their time. We know that when you are facing criminal charges, every second is important. That’s why we answer phone calls and emails promptly, so you do not spend time worrying about what’s next.
We investigate each segment of your case, so you know that no stone is left unturned. We are experienced, aggressive, and respected Portland DUI defense attorneys who represent clients throughout the State of Oregon, and we can help you face the prosecutor’s office with confidence.
Drunk Driving Resource:
Contact Our Portland Drunk Driving and DUI Attorneys At The Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Today
If you have been arrested for a DUI in Portland, Oregon or a surrounding city, contact our accomplished Portland criminal defense lawyers at the Mark C. Cogan, P.C. by calling (503) 549-1077 today to schedule a free consultation. Time is of the essence in these cases, as the clock starts ticking rapidly after your arrest. Do not let the prosecutor’s office gain the upper hand, simply because you are not prepared. Allow our accomplished Portland DUI attorneys to take the lead and provide the best outcome available for your unique case today.
- More Accepted to DUII Diversion Program
- Should You Enter DUII Diversion?
- Repeat DUII offense reduction goal of IIDs
- More Consequences for DUII
- Ignition Interlock’s Role in Oregon’s DUII Law
- DUII Cases With Great Results
- DUII Diversion Entry Opposed By Prosecutor
- Agency calls for tougher drunk driving enforcement to prevent crashes
- I was arrested and charged with Driving Under the Influence of Intoxicants in Oregon. What happens now?