Criminal Defense Attorney Tigard
The city of Tigard in Oregon’s Washington County was incorporated in 1961 and is currently the 12th largest city in the state with a population of over 48,000. The area was originally settled by several families, with the most notable being the Tigard family.
The city lies south of Beaverton and is north of Tualatin. Both Oregon Route 217 and Interstate 5 run through Tigard, and Oregon Route 210 and Oregon Route 99W serve as additional major highways.
Oregon Statistics for Driving Under the Influence
Oregon has a lower than average rate of death by DUII when compared to the national average. Still, between the years of 2003 and 2012, 1,232 people were involved in crashes involving a drunk driver in our state.
- Males are more likely than females to be involved in a DUII crash resulting in a fatality
- 1.4% of Oregon adults report driving after drinking too much in the past 30 days
- Drivers who have been drinking prior to driving are 1.4x more likely to be involved in a fatal accident
Not Every DUII Arrest Is a Fair Arrest
With four major highways crossing through Tigard, the city is often closely monitored for drunk or impaired drivers. But not every DUII arrest is justified or fair. In fact, drivers are falsely accused of driving under the influence each and every day.
If you have been accused of or arrested for a DUII, it is imperative that you contact a DUII attorney to defend your case. Even if you are innocent, prosecutors will be quick to take action against you. If you are found guilty of a DUII, you may face penalties including:
- Costly fines
- Loss of your driver’s license
- Community service
- Substance abuse treatment
- Time in jail
A DUII arrest can also mean that you will have an arrest on your criminal record. An experienced DUII attorney will help have the criminal records expunged or sealed.
Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Represent Clients Throughout The State Of Oregon Who Facing Legal Trouble In The Following Cases:
Crimes Against Person
- Ballot Measure 11 Crimes
- Theft & Property Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Charges
- Federal Crimes
Non Person Crimes
How Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Can Help
Since 1982 Mark C. Cogan, P.C. has helped build solid defenses for those who have been accused or charged with a crime. Our law firm is committed to protecting your driving privileges and minimizing any penalties and damages against you.
To speak with a DUII lawyer, we invite you to call us today at (503) 549-1077.
Directions To Mark C. Cogan, P.C. 1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 1150 Crown Plaza Building Portland, OR 97201
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 17 min
Total Est. Distance: 8.6 mi
- Get on I-5 N in Portland
- Head northeast on Pacific Hwy W toward SW Main St
- Turn right (signs for Interstate 5/Portland/Salem)
- Use any lane to take the Interstate 5 N ramp to Portland
- Follow I-5 N. Take exit 299B from I-5 N
- Merge onto I-5 N
- Use the left lane to take exit 299B for Interstate 405 N toward U.S. 26 W/City Center
- Take SW Harbor Dr to SW 1st Ave
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn slightly left (signs for Naito Parkway/Japanese-American Historical Plaza/S Waterfront/City Center)
- Continue onto SW Harbor Dr
- Continue onto SW Clay St (signs for Keller Auditorium)
- Turn left onto SW 1st Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (503) 549-1077
We are located at:
Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 1150
Crown Plaza Building
Portland, OR 97201