Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer Representing Defendants in Gresham
The city of Gresham in Oregon’s Multnomah County was named after the American Civil War general Walter Quinton Gresham. Established as a settlement in the mid-1800s, the city was officially incorporated in 1905.
As of 2010 there were approximately 105,500 people living in Gresham, with the median age of the city being 33.6 years old. Nearly half (46.6%) of those individuals were married couples living together, though unfortunately as statistics show, nearly half of these marriages will end in divorce.
Domestic Abuse Often Cited in Divorces
In the “Anticipated and Unanticipated Legal Changes: The Cause of Joint Parenting” it was found that allegations of domestic violence are made in nearly 25% of all divorces. Thirty two states currently consider domestic violence to include:
- Being afraid
- Being fearful
- Being apprehensive
- Experiencing emotional distress
This may also explain why a study out of Massachusetts found that 50% of restraining orders did not allege that one or more physical assaults took place.
Too Many Trivial Restraining Orders
A restraining or protective order is an order used by the court to protect a person or entity from abuse. While the laws regarding restraining and personal protection orders vary from one jurisdiction from another, it is clear that the number of trivial or false restraining orders are on the rise.
These orders are essential when it comes to protecting those who are being abused. But one special report released by Stop Abuse and Violent Environments (SAVE) found that 70’% of restraining orders are either trivial or they are false.
Another report from the same organization found that 1.5 million of restraining orders granted annually in the United States are trivial or they are false.
Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Represent Clients Throughout The State Of Oregon Who Facing Legal Trouble In The Following Cases:
Crimes Against Person
- Ballot Measure 11 Crimes
- Theft & Property Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Charges
- Federal Crimes
Non Person Crimes
Dealing with Domestic Abuse Allegations with Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
In the state of Oregon, it is important for alleged defendants and perpetrators of domestic violence to realize that even in the event that someone does not want to press charges or withdraws his or her initial statement with law enforcement, prosecutors can still move forward with the case.
Whenever an allegation of domestic abuse is made against another, it is imperative that he or she seeks criminal defense representation from local domestic abuse attorney Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Based out of Portland, Mark C. Cogan, P.C. realizes that your freedom is not the only thing at stake. The life of your family can be negatively and unfairly impacted by a domestic violence offense, an offense which also comes with serious criminal penalties.
To arrange for your free case evaluation with a domestic abuse attorney, please call (503) 827-8092.
Directions To Mark C. Cogan, P.C. 1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 780 Crown Plaza Building Portland, OR 97201
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
Total Est. Time: 26 min
Total Est. Distance: 16.8 mi
- Get on I-84 W in Fairview from N Main Ave, SE 223rd Ave and Fairview Pkwy
- Head west on NE 4th St toward N Main Ave
- Turn right onto N Main Ave
- Continue onto NW Fairview Dr
- NW Fairview Dr turns right and becomes SE 223rd Ave
- Continue onto SE 223rd Ave
- Use the left 2 lanes to turn left onto NE Glisan St
- Turn right onto Fairview Pkwy
- Slight right onto the Interstate 84 W ramp to Portland
- Follow I-84 W to SE Morrison Bridge in Portland. Take the exit toward City Center from I-84 W
- Merge onto I-84 W
- Keep right to stay on I-84 W
- Use the left 2 lanes to take the exit toward City Center
- Continue on SE Morrison Bridge. Take SW Naito Pkwy/Pacific Hwy W to SW 1st Ave
- Continue onto SE Morrison Bridge
- Use the right lane to take the Naito Parkway S ramp to Interstate 5 S
- Merge onto SW Naito Pkwy/Pacific Hwy W
- Turn right onto SW Clay St
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto SW 1st Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (503) 827-8092
We are located at:
Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 780
Crown Plaza Building
Portland, OR 97201