Portland Ballot Measure 11 Sex Charges Attorneys
Ballot Measure 11 Sex Charges — We Can Help
In 1994, Oregon voters passed a tough ballot measure that set harsh minimum sentences for certain crimes and mandates that some juvenile defendants be tried as an adult. Ballot Measure 11 provides harsh prison sentences even for first time offenders.
Below, please see the chart that shows the minimum sentences for certain types of sex crimes. If you have been charged with a sex offense, you should contact an experienced criminal defense lawyer to give you your best chance of a successful outcome.
Mark C. Cogan has practiced criminal defense for more than 35 years. Even in the most challenging of situations, we have succeeded in accomplishing an outright acquittal, or substantially reduced charges and lighter sentencing.
A Representative Case: Client KW faced Measure 11 charges of rape and sodomy which would have resulted in many years of imprisonment. The client had previously been represented by a court-appointed attorney who did nothing to advance his defense. Our thorough investigation resulted in evidence that demonstrated KW’s innocence. We persuaded the prosecution to dismiss all charges.
Aggressive Defense Against Sex Charges in Oregon
We can best help you when we get involved early in the process, although we still have options whenever we are called in. Here is what we offer our criminal defense clients:
- We work hard to keep your name off the sex offender registry.
- We assemble a great team of professionals such as psychologists, investigators, polygraph experts, DNA experts, and others who can help us build your defense.
- We investigate to find evidence that supports your innocence or undermines the prosecution’s evidence.
- We strive to minimize press coverage and public distortion of the facts.
- We fight for a successful outcome by vigorous negotiations and preparation for trial.
The Prosecution Has Begun Its Work — We Should Begin Ours
No matter the circumstances, anyone under investigation or facing criminal prosecution should retain the best possible attorney as early in the process as possible. If you have been charged with a Measure 11 sex offense, please call our Portland criminal law office at (503) 549-1077 or send us an e-mail for a free initial consultation with our lawyer.