Oregon Criminal Defense Lawyer Representing Defendants in West Linn
West Linn in Oregon’s Clackamas County is home to just over 25,000 residents as of the 2010 US Census. The city has recently been listed as one of the “Best Places to Live” by CNN/Money Magazine, and it has been named “Tree City USA” by the Arbor Day Foundation for 19 consecutive years.
This Portland metropolitan area suburb is known for being a great place to raise a family. Over 37% of households had children under the age of 18 living with them in 2010, and 26.3% of the city’s residents were under the age of 18.
Juveniles More Likely to Be Caught Committing Crimes Than Adults
While West Linn enjoys a low crime rate, it is not immune to criminal activity. Adults and juveniles alike are accused of committing crimes, though statistically youth are far more likely to be caught than an adult.
The most common youth arrests include:
- Simple assault
- Disorderly conduct
- Drug abuse
- Curfew violations
Mark C. Cogan, P.C. Represent Clients Throughout The State Of Oregon Who Facing Legal Trouble In The Following Cases:
Crimes Against Person
- Ballot Measure 11 Crimes
- Theft & Property Crimes
- Sex Crimes
- Violent Crimes
- Domestic Violence
- Juvenile Charges
- Federal Crimes
Non Person Crimes
What to Do If Your Child Has Been Arrested
How the arrest of a child is handled can have a significant impact on the rest of his or her life. The arrest of an underage child is a family matter, and it is one which requires the expert handling of a juvenile defense attorney.
If your child has been arrested, you should tell your child:
- That he or she should not speak to the police. An officer may say things such as they “just want to talk” or that they “want to help” your child in order to obtain evidence
- Everything they say or do is being watched and recorded. Interrogation rooms have hidden tape recorders and cameras. This means that any conversation you have with your child will be secretly recorded and can be used against your child
- Not to write a letter of apology. An officer may tell a juvenile defendant that this will help their case when it will actually have a negative effect
Protect the Rights of Your Family with Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
Mark C. Cogan, P.C. is committed to protecting the future of his juvenile clients who have been accused or charged with a crime. We have experience in handling a variety of juvenile crimes from misdemeanor thefts to felonies.
If your son, daughter, or loved one has been arrested and is under the age of 18, we can help. We invite you to call us for a complimentary confidential consultation today at (503) 549-1077.
Directions To Mark C. Cogan, P.C. 1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 780 Crown Plaza Building Portland, OR 97201
These directions are from Google Maps starting from:
West Linn, OR
Total Est. Time: 23 min
Total Est. Distance: 11.8 mi
- Head north-west on OR-43 N/Willamette Dr towards Burns St
- Continue to follow OR-43 N
- Keep left to continue on SW Macadam Ave/SW Riverside Dr
- Continue to follow SW Macadam Ave
- Use the right lane to keep right at the fork and follow signs for City Center
- Slight right onto SW Kelly Ave
- Keep right to continue on SW Naito Pkwy
- Turn left onto SW Clay St (signs for Keller Auditorium)
- Turn left at the 1st cross street onto SW 1st Ave
- Destination will be on the left
Call us today (503) 549-1077
We are located at:
Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
1500 SW 1st Avenue, Suite 780
Crown Plaza Building
Portland, OR 97201