Criminal Defense For Veterans in Portland
The men and women who serve in our nation’s Armed Forces go through rigorous and specialized training to help them complete the incredible tasks that they are asked to handle. But when veterans return to civilian life here in Portland, many find themselves facing criminal charges. Despite their honorable service, the legal system does little to help veterans.
Nearly a quarter of Oregon’s prison population is comprised of military veterans. At Mark C. Cogan, P.C., we want to do everything we can to change this.
There are many different reasons why veterans end up in the criminal justice system when they return from active duty. Without a tenacious defense attorney, the court may not take these factors into consideration, which could include:
- Post-traumatic stress disorder, traumatic brain injuries or other types of medical damage
- Specialized talents developed during service that often do not translate to civilian life
- A lack of resources and services available, including counseling and housing
You Pledged Your Life To Defend Our Freedom. Let Us Make A Pledge To Defend You.
At Mark C. Cogan, P.C., we know that we could never completely repay service members for the sacrifices that they make in the defense of our rights. What we can do is ensure that we fiercely defend their rights here at home.
If you are a veteran who has been charged with a criminal offense, let us make a pledge to you. We promise to:
- Carefully listen to you, to what your concerns and goals are, and develop a defense strategy that reflects your individualized needs
- Invest the necessary time and effort in your case to help ensure that no details are missed that could strengthen your defense
- Strive for increasing your chance of acquittal, dismissed charges or successful plea bargain by leveraging any of our extensive resources that could help
- Use our extensive knowledge and experience to be strategic and creative in pursuing the outcome you want
Start Building Your Defense Today | Free Consultations
Regardless of what offense you may have been charged with, we can help. Schedule a meeting with a powerful Portland, Oregon criminal defense lawyer at absolutely no cost to you. You can reach our law firm by calling (503) 549-1077. We also welcome email submissions at any time.