Close Menu
Mark C. Cogan, P.C.
(503) 549-1077

Free & Confidential
Initial Consultation

Call or Email Mark Cogan Directly!

Weathering the storm
for over 35 years.

Canada Entry With Criminal Past

Any person who wishes to visit Canada must be aware that the Canadian government punishes the crime of driving under the influence much more severely than commonly encountered in the United States.

Even a person whose DUI case was dismissed may face problems entering Canada. If you are seeking to enter Canada and you had a DUI charge, you should be forewarned that you may encounter trouble at the border.

In the United States, we are frequently able to accomplish dismissal of a DUI charge when a client successfully completes a Diversion program. Some States (though not Oregon) allow DUI charges to be resolved with a non-criminal infraction.

Do not assume that such an outcome will satisfy the Canadian authorities. Contact the Canadian Consulate. Canada has a procedure by which a person seeking to enter Canada can obtain a certificate of rehabilitation, which can be presented at the border.

Set up your free initial consultation

Mark C. Cogan, P.C., of Portland, Oregon, represents individuals charged with crimes throughout Oregon, including central Oregon, northern Oregon, Pacific Coast communities and the Willamette River valley, including Clackamas County, Washington County, Multnomah County, Columbia County, Marion County, Tillamook County, Clatsop County, Lincoln County, Lane County, Linn County and Benton County and the cities of Salem, Lake Oswego, Gresham, Oregon City, Tigard, Beaverton, Hillsboro, Tualatin, Milwaukie, West Linn, The Dalles and Clackamas.

© Mark C. Cogan, P.C., 2018 - 2019.